Monday, March 14, 2016

Last day...

I see so many of my adoption mom friends Monday morning posts and it brings an instant smile to my face. While we are sleeping in the US on Sunday nights there are families in China meeting their children for the first time. I love waking up on Monday to those beautiful pictures in my news feed on facebook. This will be me in exactly ONE week. You all will be waking up Monday morning to pictures of me meeting my sweet Tynsleigh for the first time. I can't wait to show all of my friends and supporters on Facebook our first meeting. It is one I am very nervous for. We sent her a photo album with pictures of our family a few months ago so hopefully her orphanage is letting her keep them and look at them and is prepared for me to welcome her into our family. She is older and understands things more than a toddler like Brennan did. She will be scared to leave everything she has known for over 11 years! She will be afraid because I speak a different language and look different. She will be scared because... Well...wouldn't you? I would be if some strange looking, strange speaking person came into my life and took me from everything I have ever known as my life and wisk me away to so many different places and not be able to understand everything that is going on? Of course you would! Please pray for her heart and her little soul!

I leave in just a few days and am still $1100 short! I have a friend who introduced me to the world of adopting from China a few years ago. She adopted 3 very special boys from Ukraine. She has a 16 year old daughter that has done mission trips and also accompanied another adoptive mom to Ukraine to be the second set of hands. I was nervous about taking another person because I didn't want Tynsleigh to get attached to someone else that would not be staying in her life but I  knew with her wheelchair, the fact that China is NOT wheelchair friendly, navigating in the airport, putting her in the cab and then disappearing behind the car to put her wheelchair in the trunk would frighten her and she might think I am leaving her I decided it was best if someone went with me. Besides I am only 5 ft 2 and only weigh 100 lbs so it is best to have the help. So a dear friend offered to pay for my friend's teenage daughter to accompany me. Her plane ticket was $500 MORE than mine to get her on the same flights. It was $700 more for in country flights, to add a bed and breakfast to each room for her both weeks, and $600 to expedite her passport renewal and get her visa.

With my friend helping pay for Genesis to accompany me it left me still raising the remaining funds to pay for the orphanage donation fee which is $5400! I am only $1100 short of that amount but only have until the end of today to get the money! It then needs to be deposited into my account and I have an appointment with the bank on Wednesday to get the entire $10,000 in brand new $100 dollar bills! I still have to finish packing and get the document giving my older children permission to treat my younger children. My second oldest son has his driving test today to get his license. My youngest granddaughter is in All Children's Hospital with testing and it is taking hours longer than it should have.My grandson has to have surgery scheduled to repair his ear and I am hoping it isn't while I am away but his mommy will do what is best for him. My youngest son is so upset that I am leaving him for 2 weeks. The most I have left him was last month when I went to my youngest daughter's Cancer Camp Family Retreat and it was for 2 nights.

With all that is going on I have experienced a lot of anxiety and want to put all of this worry and anxiousness behind me.

Please pray...
...for funds to come in today
...for Tynsleigh's heart
...for my granddaughter
...for my grandson
...for Brennan (my youngest son)
...for all of the other adoptive families going down the same road!
















No comments:

Post a Comment