Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Announcement...

Did I get your interest?

Have you been reading everything I write since last week when I announced that I had an announcement?

Well, here it is...

In July 2013 (a year and a half ago) before I even saw my little boys face and committed to him I saw this little girl. She was 9 years old and bald as can be. They had shaved her head bald! Why? She has waited on the China Shared List for over 5 years and no one had inquired about her. Her eyes and dimples grabbed me. So I asked about her file and her file sounded so familiar. My children have a cousin with Cerebral Palsy and she was listed as having Cerebral Palsy. I got her file emailed to me along with 6 videos of her. She was so quiet, shy, proper, and full of smiles. She was only 7 in the videos but so precious. I am not sure why God had laid her on my heart but I began to advocate for this precious girl...all the while hoping to adopt her. I was approved for two on my homestudy and USCIS had also approved me for two but my agency had just changed their policy to only allow one adoption at a time to married or single couples. I kept advocating for her, I had her listed on Reece's Rainbow so someone would see her, I tried very hard to find her a family. Little did I know God had already found her family. I kept her picture on my phone and computer the whole time during my adoption of Brennan. I prayed for her often.








I know God has a reason for everything.


My fundraising efforts were sooo very hard for Brennan's adoption but God came through. My flights to China were beyond horrible but we made it with one hour before Gotcha. My flights home were even worse and we had to drive home from Nashville (a 12 hour drive) with a toddler who hated the car seat. So I told myself I would not adopt again. I couldn't. It was too hard. But then I remembered the children that were in those two rooms at Brennan's orphanage with more severe disabilities it broke my heart. I couldn't stop thinking about their future. There are steps everywhere in China, everyone walks, so how would they get around? How would they get to and from work (if they could even work). What is their future? They didn't have one. I felt broken for them. I felt overwhelmed with the brokenness that God had laid on my heart for them. I had to do something...but what? Of course, I continued to advocate for children to find homes like I did before I traveled. It didn't seem like enough though. What was God asking me to do with this overwhelming feeling? It was hard to look at all of these faces and feel helpless.

I know God has a reason for everything.

So, I talked to God. What do you want from me? I can't do the fundraising again...it was too hard. Then I remembered I don't know hard...of course, my life has been rough, I have been through so many trials and tribulations but my life is not hard... those orphans have it hard. They don't have a mother, they don't have a family, they don't hear I love you every day, they don't have anyone to kiss on them, they don't have anyone to tuck them in, or wipe their tears, or hold them when they are sick. They have it hard!

I know God has a reason for everything.

So, what was his plan for me?






Let me introduce you to my daughter...

Tynsleigh Madisyn QingYun Barrett



We got PA for her on November 3, 2014!!

Yes!!! It is the same little girl that I fell in love with over 16 months ago!!!

Yes!!! I am adopting again!!!

Yes!!! I am absolutely in love with her already!!! 


If you want to donate to help us bring Tynsleigh home here is our link:


https://www.youcaring.com/adoption-fundraiser/barrett-family-adoption-/269042

We have our first fundraiser also:

https://www.bonfirefunds.com/bringing-barrett-family-home











1 comment: