Monday, November 17, 2014

First Post Placement Visit

We had our first post placement visit this past week. It started off rocky. I thought we set the appointment for 10:30 so I didn't interfere with the little one's lunch or nap but then realized it was set for 11:30. Then I get a call at 11:40 from my social worker saying she thought it was for 12:30. So she got there at 12:30 right after lunch, I was cleaning up and suppose to be putting Brennan down for a nap. But I couldn't because the social worker needed to meet him, see us interact and he doesn't lay down without me snuggling with him. I was worried he would be fussy. I was also worried she wouldn't get to see the amazingly intelligent boy I have because he will not talk in front of anyone that is not family (which I do not mind since he knows who family is and that is HUGE with an adopted orphan). BUT...of course, Brennan was a star. He sang nursery rhymes, talked to Chelsea and me, read us a book with animals and made their sounds, spoke in sentences, was happy, playing and she was in utter amazement at him. I am not exaggerating when I say how intelligent he is. He speaks like he has been here his entire 3 months and he only counted to 10 in English when he became part of our family. He picks up everything and knows what it means. If I take too long he has already learned to say "Come on mommy" thanks to my older children...lol.

He was a self soother from the day we got him. He use to suck his thumb when he was tired..every single time. He now does not suck his thumb any more so his lip and thumb are finally able to heal. He loves to cuddle and be held to fall asleep and I love that.

His favorite food is blueberry yogurt! His favorite toy is his Scout Puppy that sings nursery rhymes that we bought him with his baptism money! His favorite person is mommy (which I love)! His favorite place to go is to watch his brother Andrew play in his soccer games! His favorite movie (only seen it on the plane ride home 4 times) is Frozen! He is not afraid of Santa and even visited him yesterday! We went to the Frozen/Santa exhibit at the mall (only an hour or so drive away...lol) and he loved every minute of it!!!





1 comment:

  1. what an incredible bonus to have him so bright and aware and wanting to be part of your family !

    ReplyDelete