Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Next up

I am a planner and a number cruncher. So where does that leave me? Usually stressed over something.

Now that my documents are officially on their way to Tallahassee (they will be delivered today!!!!) to be state certified I am working on the next steps. After they get state certified they will be forwarded on to the Houston Consulate to be authenticated. The money orders are already with my package thanks to those that helped us with this little hurdle.

Once the documents (called my dossier) are authenticated the courier will FedEx them to my agency. My agency will review them and forward them on to China and at that point I will officially be DTC (Dossier to China). It is a big step in the process (almost Step 7). From there it is major fundraising time.




Here are the fees outlined that I will be raising money for and then I will list out the fundraisers I have planned :)

DTC Fee                                      $  2400
LOA Fee                                      $  2400
Orphanage Fee                             $  5600
Consulate costs                            $    600
Tynsleigh's Visa                          $    325
Adoption registration/passport    $    500
Hague paperwork                        $    124
TB Test for Tynsleigh                 $    130
Visa for myself and Chelsea        $    420
Chinese Notary                            $    550              (for adoption paperwork)
Airfare                                         $   4800
Hotel Fees                                   $   2000
Guide Service                              $    500      (to take us to all of our adoption appointments)
Transportation                             $    600    ( to take us to all of our adoption appointments)
Tips for above 2                          $      75

That is over $21000 still to raise by February. Wow, if you look at the big number it is quite frightening. I am going to try to look at each baby step and cross them off one by one. So first up is to try to raise the DTC Fee and LOA fee! That is almost $5000!!! The exact amount I had saved up before I had to move. I still can't believe that it happened but I know God has a plan. I know this house is so much better for my sweet Tynsleigh to come home to. My children love it here and I am still unpacking and trying to make it "our home".

So, what do I have planned? I have my shop on facebook full of Tshirts to sell that are women's Tshirts, women's tank tops and children's Tshirts. If I sell all of them it would be a blessing. I also have so much more in our shop...jewelry, books, Chinese music CD's, to name a few items. I get more and am always adding.

In December I have a big fundraising event that I am working on. It is set for December 11, 2015 in the evening. It is a red carpet event for families in our area. Everyone will have a great time. The hall is already locked in and I will be working on food and donations. More details will be coming but it will be EXCITING!!!! If you are local and would like to be a vendor, please let me know.

I will also be planning something in February but I am in the brainstorming part of this one still. Stay tuned.

Yes, this adoption has taken a lot longer than Brennan's adoption but God has a plan and I am seeing it every step of the way. I just find it hard some days to be half a world away from her and not be able to hold her and tell her she is loved.

Soon baby girl....soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment