Monday, October 19, 2015

Sorry the disappearing act and URGENT need

It has definitely been a very busy, hectic few months. I'm so sorry about the disappearing act. Let me update you on all that has been going on.


Let me just start by saying that I have some amazing friends and family. My older children (all 18 and older) have been so supportive.


Things have been rough. Things have been great. Things have been busy. But I love my children, my life, and can't wait to travel to bring Tynsleigh home.


I welcomed my second granddaughter (third grandchild) into our family on July 21, 2015. This is Ensley Capri O'Quinn. She was 8lbs and 8 1/2 oz. She is so beautiful and perfect.


My oldest daughter, Brittany, her husband, David, my grandchildren, Ameliya, Carter and Ensley!

Me holding sweet little Ensley

Ensley getting loving from her brother, Carter, and sister Ameliya. :)


On August 2nd my oldest son, Chase, graduated the police academy!



On August 20th my sweet girl, Tynsleigh, turned 11 years old. I sent her a bday cake and a birthday package. I got these beautiful pictures. I love her so much already. Her smile is so perfect.
 

 



On August 24th Brennan started his first day of PreK. He cried a lot the first two days but then he did great. He is learning so much and can say his alphabet in English and Sign Language. He is so smart. He is the youngest in his class but he keeps right up with them.



Then on August 26 we celebrated Brennan's first birthday home but his 4th birthday. We took him to Disney (we have had annual passes and he loves going).



 




                                               My beautiful August Birthday babies :)




Brennan had his 1 year Family-versay day on Oct 13 2015. He is such a sweet, loving, caring boy and I am so glad I have been able to be his mother and love on him so much.


So, where are we with the adoption of bringing Tynsleigh home? This is our URGENT NEED!!!

We have been waiting to get our last document from a CPA for our dossier. It took about 4 months and I finally contacted a new CPA and had it within the next few days. Now that I finally have my last dossier document I was ready to send my dossier to China...UNTIL...

One Friday evening I got a phone call from my daughter at home that we had just been served with foreclosure papers. I do not own the home. I have been renting for almost three years in this home. I have always paid a week or two early. I was totally in shock. I had over $5000 saved up for the adoption and had to spend that to move. I had to use all of it and then some. It has been a very hard, stressful past two months trying to get past this. I had to find a wheelchair accessible home for Trevor and Tynsleigh. I had to find a house with enough rooms for my family. I had to find a house with enough property for my son's outdoor animals (horses and mini goats). We finally found one and moved. All of my older children were great with helping us move. I am still not unpacked but slowly working on it. We are in a great routine and Brennan is finally sleeping through the night in his own bed.

So now what? I have had to start over saving for the adoption. Our need right now?  I need about $700 to get my dossier certified and authenticated. I had a few great people donate some money to help us get to this goal and I had a yard sale this past weekend that I was able to raise some more of the funds. I am still $250 short of this.

My deadline to be DTC is Oct 28th. I am so very stressed about meeting this date. If I get the documents overnighted to Tallahassee tomorrow then my friend will walk it in to get certified. Then we can get them to Houston to be authenticated and off to my agency. I am hoping to make the date but not quite sure I will. I really need help with reaching this goal of just $250 tonight! Please share and help us. Once we are DTC we wait for LOA and right now they are only taking about 5 weeks. :) I could have LOA well before Christmas.

Please help us reach our goal!!



https://www.youcaring.com/adoption-fundraiser/barrett-family-adoption-/269042

Brennan baby picture and Brennan now!




 










No comments:

Post a Comment